This is for supervisors and assessors of final year project students (COMP3931 Individual Project).
- Please try to meet your supervisees once every two weeks on average during Semester 2.
- Thursdays 2-4pm are set aside as project time for students, so they should all be available for e.g. group meetings, although I cannot guarantee they don’t have a lab in this time slot.
- Please try to asses the Intermediate Reports as soon as possible into Semester 1; instructions below. Thanks to staff who have already done theirs (about 30% at time of writing).
Assessing intermediate reports:
The list of supervisors and assessors is on SIS (scroll down to see groupings by supervisor or assessor):
Instructions for assessors:
- Log into Minerva/VLE and go to module COMP3931 Individual Project.
- Select Grade Centre -> Full Grade Centre from the left-hand menu (near bottom).
- Find the column for Intermediate Report (you may need to use the lower scroll bar).
- If there is a yellow exclamation mark for your student, it has been submitted. Move the cursor over the box, click on the arrow and select Attempt . This will open the Modify Gradepage.
- Click the icon for User's Paper and read the report. This will open up Feedback Studio. You can also download the originally submitted file (down arrow in the right-hand menu).
- Select Rubric/Form from the right-hand panel in Feedback Studio (the icon is 8 small squares), and answer all but the very last “Yes/No/Cannot Say” question (instructions will appear at the bottom).
- Once finished, close the box using the cross in the top right-hand corner (it auto-saves).
- Provide free text feedback. There are two places to do this: Feedback summary (the blue pen-and-paper icon) in Feedback Studio; or the Comments box under Feedback to User in the Modify Grade page. It is a good idea to cut-and-paste into both locations so the student can easily find it.
- Put a mark of 0 (zero) for the grade, so the student can see the feedback is ready.
- Click Submit from the Modify Grade page (bottom right-hand corner).
Instructions for supervisors:
This is best done just prior to meeting the student in Semester 2.
- Follow the instructions for assessors, but only answer the very last question in Rubric/Form.
- If there is a submission but the assessor has not yet provided feedback, please send them a quick reminder.
If you’re still reading this - congratulations! Also, instructions for all procedures are now on Minerva should you ever lose one of these emails:
Minerva: COMP3931 Individual Project -> Forms and Templates (staff) -> Staff Only: Procedures (at bottom).
You will need to have edit mode ‘On’ to see this folder (upper right hand corner).